June 13th, 2022
Moved from the previous Monday.
- News from IPFire 3.x ecosystem (Pakfire et al.)
- Core Update 169
- Delayed release of Core Update 168 (bus factor discussion)
Core Update 168
- The test release did not show up on one of Arne's systems. Seems to be a one-off.
- Very little feedback from the Community which does not help to make a confident decision.
Core Update 169
- New Kernel + Firmware (depending on size)
- Regular bunch of package updates from Adolf + Matthias
- Going to close by end of this week - so get in your patches while they are hot
- OpenVPN 2FA will be submitted this week
- #12873 - If we can fix it short-notice it will go in, too
- Peter will update uboot and Arne will confirm by testing
The Bus Factor
- In the last couple of weeks, many of the team have been unavailable due to sickness and other holidays
- We need to make sure to share some knowledge so that others can help out better when some are absent
- Peter suggests introducing a RELEASE.txt file which describes steps on how to perform a release
- Michael gave a status update about progress with the new build system