This wiki is a community-maintained resource about everything there is to know about IPFire. Join us and help us improving it!
Use the search and find answers to everything about IPFire. If you cannot find what you are looking for, join our community and talk to fellow IPFire users, developers and everybody else involved in the project.
| What is a Web Proxy? | General information about the Squid proxy. |
| | Configuration using the web interface | An explanation of web proxy configuration optins in IPFire. |
| | Proxy-Extensions | Explains extensions available for those who are familiar with working on a Linux console. |
| | Extended know-how | Optimizations and additional information for a better understanding of Squid logging. |
| | Example configuration | There can be a variety of configurations used with the Squid proxy. Here are stable examples contributed by users. |
| | URL-filter configuration | Information on how to use URL-filter features of Squid. |
| | Update Accelerator usage | Basic info on features of the Update Accelerator. |
Information on the Squid proxy is divided in to different categories.
* "What is a Web-Proxy?" gives a quick overview of what Squid is capable of.
* "Configuration using the web interface" introduces you to the webinterface options in IPFire and provides hints configuring your system.
* "Proxy-extensions" is for advanced users. It includes instructions for working from the command-line, rather than the web interface.
* Tips and tricks for optimization, how the Squid logs can be read and left over items are in "Extended know-how".
* "Example configuration" includes examples of stable configurations, to help new users configure their proxy settings in IPFire, depending on their hardware and needs.